Get Live Updates here on BBC: http://www.bbc.com/news/live/uk-40147014
What we know:
Three men with ’12in knives stab pedestrians’ after mowing down up to 20 people – including a police officer – with a white van amid reports of gunfire as bomb squad are scrambled to busy night spot
- There have been unconfirmed reports of at least seven victims being stabbed at landmark in central London
- Three men ‘of Mediterranean origin’ reportedly left van and began stabbing people on Borough High Street
- One witness said she saw three people with what appeared to be their throats cut on London Bridge
- Also unconfirmed reports of gunfire on Southwark Street amid the ‘utter chaos’ of attack on Saturday night
- Police are also responding to an incident at Borough Market, Scotland Yard have confirmed
- Armed police and a bomb squad are attending the scene and boats are searching the Thames
- Did you see what happened? Email email@example.com or call 0203 615 3875
A white van has reportedly ploughed into 20 people in a suspected ‘terror attack’ on London Bridge station, amid reports of ‘rapid gunfire’.
There are unconfirmed reports that least seven people have been stabbed as witnesses told of bodies ‘strewn’ on the road at the landmark in central London.
One witness said she saw three people with what appeared to be their throats cut on London Bridge.
Others said they saw three men, described as being ‘of Mediterranean origin’, jump out of the van and began ‘randomly stabbing people’ along Borough High Street with 12-inch long knives.
The car, believed to be a B&Q vehicle, was reportedly veering in an ‘S shape’ at 500mph across the bridge and has driven towards the Shard and is south of the river. The drivers have not been caught.
Terrifying footage from the scene shows police officers shouting ‘Clear the scene now!’ as panicked pedestrians flee.
The bridge is in lock down and the area around it is closed with bus routes being diverted, as armed police and a bomb squad attend the scene and boats search the water.
Police are treating injured people and carrying them away at the end Thrale Street. Members of the public were told by police to ‘run as fast as they could’ westbound.
Police have stormed a pub opposite the bridge and told people to sit on the floor.
A cab driver told LBC that three men jumped out of the van.
He said: ‘They just had these long blades, about 12 inches long. They just went randomly along Borough High Street stabbing people.
‘A young girl got stabbed in the chest, she was laying there – it’s so sad.
‘I thought, ‘I’m gonna try and hit him, I’m gonna try and knock him down’. I spun the cab round, I was about to ram one of them, but he side-stepped and three police officers came running towards them with their batons drawn.
‘I was shouting at everybody, just get away from the area, stay back, just run the other way. There were a good few hundred people out there.’
‘He’s veered across the road towards the right hand of where Southwark Cathedral is and rammed it where the steps are.
‘He just rammed it towards them, wedged it in between the lamppost and the steps and so he’s hit people there.
‘They’ve jumped out of the van and started stabbing people randomly. There was a scattering of people.’